Friday 31 March 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017 Begins

And so we arrive at the start of National Poetry Writing Month.

Tomorrow the start gun will be fired on a thirty day race towards the end of April with (hopefully) thirty poems to show for it. As I've previously discussed on this blog, the goal isn't to produce collection-worthy poems, but to produce the highest number of poems. Whether I'll achieve it this year remains to be seen, but work has already begun. As I write this post I'm contemplating subjects for the first poem which will be posted tomorrow.

Writing a poem a day can be troublesome at the best of times, and if like me you try to add some variety into your output, it can become tiring as well. I found that out two years ago, but this time I have a feeling things will be different.

If anyone else out there is taking part in NaPoWriMo, I wish you the best of luck. See you tomorrow for the first of many poems to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment