Friday 21 April 2017

NaPoWriMo #21: Village Grapevine

It's been a while since I've taken up any of NaPoWriMo's daily prompts, but here we go. For my twenty first poem, I've followed NaPoWriMo's prompt to incorporate overhead speech, in this case overheard throughout my home village of Frynwys.

Village Grapevine

There's a lot of knotweed
down by the stream.

Is there really?
Better sort that out at some point.

Just moved up here from London,
getting my bearings you know?

Nice to meet you, don't worry,
this place is really quite small.

It's gone chilly all of a sudden,
it was sunny this morning.

You know what that is?
That's the cold front that is.

A blackbird chirps to a goldfinch.
I wish I knew what they were saying.

Oi, finch! Will you shut up?
You're doin' me head in and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment